Monday, December 12, 2011

The Engineer in England (and France), with the flora, the fauna and the sly humor

I’ve mentioned before, my dad was a great photographer, with a concentration in flora and fauna.  And scenery.  People, including family, didn’t figure large in his work until he had grandchildren.  Then he became the photographer of grandchildren.  Fortunately, there were thousands of slides, so I came down to a few hundred of friends and family.   He was so keen on making master photos that I just recalled making him a shirt one Christmas.  It was a regular flannel shirt, to which I sewed six or eight additional pockets in which he could store lenses and filters.  Anyway,

Flora






Fauna



Local color


Good fun


1 comment:

  1. I especially like the picture of the man selling cloth and quilts. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete